Saturday, July 30, 2011

The lowdown

Just in case the Paleo term is a new one to you- it refers to a way of eating that emulates that of our hunter-gatherer ancestors. Essentially, I am cutting out ALL grains, legumes and dairy. Not really that radical for me, as I have often been on high protein plans, or some gluten-free thingy. The theory is that these agricultural advancements are wreaking havoc on those with auto-immune conditions (and people with many other conditions- like syndrome X, etc...). I don't care to have a debate about agriculture (or anything else, I don't like debating, honestly!) I have been dealing with Lupus for the majority of my life and will gladly try anything that seems to show promise, whether the evidence is anecdotal, scientific or both. In this case, it seems to be both. There is a lot of very interesting information out there about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment